LONG RANGE RECORD

I wouldn't classify those as hunting rigs. More like artillery rigs. You noticed the scope mount on the 3720 yard gun?
Regardless...Amazing!

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Amazing!......Almost 2 1/2 miles away......Think about that for a second......:eek:
Flight time of projectile...you will have quite a few seconds to think.
i.e. 338 lapua takes over 3 sec to hit a mile.

Pretty crazy! Since I know next to nothing about shooting records, is there a record for absolute furthest shot on paper and another one requiring some amount of precision/repeat-ability? Cause if I handed them another box of ammunition, I wonder what their confidence would have been to put another round on target at that range. Not knocking the accomplishment, as it's awesome in it's own right, just curious.

Tom,

I was curious as well......Are you given 5 shots to hit the target to qualify for a record or an unlimited amount of shots.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu