Long Range Shoot Feb. 25th

What type of round count are we talking? I don't have a fancy setup but I would like to come out and shoot my old 30-06. If I miss the 550 yard target on both the cold bore and the hot shot would that be only two rounds down range? For the shooting groups do you shoot a certain number of rounds at each distance?
I would love to come out but it is about two hours drive and would hate to make an ass out of myself. Although if you ask my wife that happens on a regular basis!

Reactions: Bonejour
What type of round count are we talking? I don't have a fancy setup but I would like to come out and shoot my old 30-06. If I miss the 550 yard target on both the cold bore and the hot shot would that be only two rounds down range? For the shooting groups do you shoot a certain number of rounds at each distance?
I would love to come out but it is about two hours drive and would hate to make an ass out of myself. Although if you ask my wife that happens on a regular basis!

As many as you want! That's fine, gotta work with what you got!
Yes, unless you wanted to buy back in for another shot on the hot shot.
No, the range is yours while you're on the line, just keep your barrel temp in mind.
I'll set up an 18" gong at the 400 yard for those who want to shoot at that, but it won't be included in the competitions.
You won't make an ass of yourself, no one there is going to judge you. The club was put together to have fun and for others to learn and see what it takes to be more proficient at further distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot around 40 rounds last shoot. I'm shooting a hunting rifle also lol

Ahh I see. I though the entire day was a competition. That makes more sense. Can we bring multiple guns?

Yes you can. If you bring a semi auto it needs a brass catch.

Hi Garrett,

As much as I would like to go, I am having shoulder surgery at the end of the first week of February. I won't be able to shoot a rifle until about July.

So I will be on the bench for this shoot...

Hello John,

Fortunately we will have more shoots to come. Good luck on your surgery, I hope for a speedy recovery!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu