long range shoot!!!!! Update, its now the 17th!!!!!!!

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
@TaftHunter i know you are busy so ill post it. i am in no way connected with this shoot. i just show up and take their gear.

its a super fun shoot with a cold bore and hot bore shoot out. Lots of cool people who can help you learn how to shoot a LONG LONG ways. do not be scared if you are a newbie, you will not be alone and the crew there is super helpful.

The day starts with a cold bore shoot 500 to 1200 yards till everyone but one misses. Then you get put in a relay where you can spend the rest of the day shooting steel targets from 500 to 1200 yards. At the end of the day the hot bore shoot out happens. so you have all day to dial in your dope. you will see some great shooters making great shots but its still fun even if you are a new to the long range game. After that they rotate over to the 1500 and 1760 targets and the big boys come out to ring some at a mile.

all the targets are 2moa out to 1200 yards.

lots of you keep saying how your rigs are sub moa... well a 2moa steel target should be no problem right ......evil grin

Last edited:
thats purdy... what ya building?

6mm. Done!

You will be able to make the shoot. Dave will have it done in 3 days or less...

Building it as a prs style rig?

105 hybrids or 115 dtacs.
The 115gr dtacs have a bc better than 140gr 6.5 hybrids. Less recoil and accurate as all get out. Just make sure to get the freebore cut to handle the long pills.

My next gun is a 6x47L universal match rifle

@TaftHunter i know you are busy so ill post it. i am in no way connected with this shoot. i just show up and take their gear.

its a super fun shoot with a cold bore and hot bore shoot out. Lots of cool people who can help you learn how to shoot a LONG LONG ways. do not be scared if you are a newbie, you will not be alone and the crew there is super helpful.

The day starts with a cold bore shoot 500 to 1200 yards till everyone but one misses. Then you get put in a relay where you can spend the rest of the day shooting steel targets from 500 to 1200 yards. At the end of the day the hot bore shoot out happens. so you have all day to dial in your dope. you will see some great shooters making great shots but its still fun even if you are a new to the long range game. After that they rotate over to the 1500 and 1760 targets and the big boys come out to ring some at a mile.

all the targets are 2moa out to 1200 yards.

lots of you keep saying how your rigs are sub moa... well a 2moa steel target should be no problem right ......evil grin

View attachment 38470
Do they Raffle a scope off everytime?

I duno, think they have always sold all the tix. At the event. Their fb link is posted you can ask them. I just show up and kick ass so I'm not the best to ask

Reactions: TRICER
Thanks for posting it for me! Yes I have been super busy. I won’t be there at this shoot, but a friend of mine will be running it.

And yes we raffle off a scope every shoot, and yes it gets raffled off at the shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu