Looking for an experienced coyote hunter partner

Oct 23, 2015
Corona
I used to hunt Coyotes often but it's been a few years since I've hunted them. The guys I hunted with moved out of state etc. I'm looking for an experienced hunter or group to start hunting them with again. I'm a handy guy to know .

I live in the inland empire, corona area to be exact. I hunt with an AR that was built specifically for hunting. Seeing I own a business that builds hunting specific ARs that should be obvious. I've been hunting out of California for so long I don't have usual hunting areas in California anymore.

I hunt deer every year in Texas and have been hunting feral pigs in Texas for the past 4 years also. I work a ranch out there teaching spot and stalk techniques using NV and Thermal equipment so I am an experienced hunter. Definitely not a new guy, just been out of the game here in so cal and on dogs for quite awhile.

I have a 4x4 Tacoma 4DR truck built to be self sufficient and to get me to where I need to hunt. It even has its own fridge! Lol. I also like long walks on the bea.....who am I kidding. I just like the outdoors.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to reply. I completely get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think SD Birds is being sarcastic. I've gotten 2 dogs out of 50+ coyote trips. The 2 dogs I have gotten, were when I was deer hunting and duck hunting so what's that tell ya!!! The hard thing about coyote hunting out by us is the pressure. There are quite a few predator hunters which kills spots before you even arrive. Not to mention all the off roaders, hikers, bikers, etc... Most of my dog spots are small in size which means minimal influence will cause the dogs to stay den'd up.

Send me a p.m. and we'll figure something out.

8SteelTown said:
I think SD Birds is being sarcastic. I've gotten 2 dogs out of 50+ coyote trips. The 2 dogs I have gotten, were when I was deer hunting and duck hunting so what's that tell ya!!! The hard thing about coyote hunting out by us is the pressure. There are quite a few predator hunters which kills spots before you even arrive. Not to mention all the off roaders, hikers, bikers, etc... Most of my dog spots are small in size which means minimal influence will cause the dogs to stay den'd up.

Send me a p.m. and we'll figure something out.
sounds like a plan and I hear ya on the outside environmental pressures.

Im not the guy your looking for but I also reside in Corona with a deep desire to hunt some yotes. Never done it before but Im willing to learn. Currently in the market for a rifle as we speak. I appreciate any feedback.

Be sure and let us know if you guys find any yotes on public land. No details, just would like to hear that someone around here is doing well.
I need the incouragement, I'm still 0 for 9 and counting :(

I've called in a couple a couple hours past coachella. They're out there. Just gotta use sounds that not every other predator hunter is using

My buddy just bagged a yote in Carlsbad with an air rifle. No calls, just was sighting in at a vacant lot when one came through.

gregg said:
My buddy just bagged a yote in Carlsbad with an air rifle. No calls, just was sighting in at a vacant lot when one came through.

The last one we had come in wasnt due to calls. We were just laid in classing an area. Low and behold a biggie cruised in on us.

IronworksTactical said:
I used to hunt Coyotes often but it's been a few years since I've hunted them. The guys I hunted with moved out of state etc. I'm looking for an experienced hunter or group to start hunting them with again. I'm a handy guy to know .

I live in the inland empire, corona area to be exact. I hunt with an AR that was built specifically for hunting. Seeing I own a business that builds hunting specific ARs that should be obvious. I've been hunting out of California for so long I don't have usual hunting areas in California anymore.

I hunt deer every year in Texas and have been hunting feral pigs in Texas for the past 4 years also. I work a ranch out there teaching spot and stalk techniques using NV and Thermal equipment so I am an experienced hunter. Definitely not a new guy, just been out of the game here in so cal and on dogs for quite awhile.

I have a 4x4 Tacoma 4DR truck built to be self sufficient and to get me to where I need to hunt. It even has its own fridge! Lol. I also like long walks on the bea.....who am I kidding. I just like the outdoors.

Feel free to PM if you don't want to reply. I completely get that.

If you have the time join the San Diego County Varmint Callers. A bunch of guys that love hunting yotes, that's where I learned.

Just remember if your hunting dogs around Riverside County you need to be one mile outside any city limits.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu