Looking for some little piggies to go wee wee wee all the way home

bphares89

Oct 11, 2015
Hello SCH nation! I'm an Active Duty Marine about to be stationed at Camp Pendleton. Been a California resident all my life, but inexperienced hunting here. Was wondering if some of the experienced hunters here could give me some tips on hunting some hogs in Southern California? Not looking for someones specific spot or honey hole, but if you all could just point me in the general direction and give me some tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the form and thank you for your service!! Send me a PM and I can give some info on hunting the base. Sorry no little piggy's there.

I will, thank you! Plan to do hunting of all kinds as long as I can draw the tag, so any info helps.

bphares89 said:
I will, thank you! Plan to do hunting of all kinds as long as I can draw the tag, so any info helps.
There is no draw for pigs, tags are cheap, no one thinks they are cute, no one wants to protect them because they are non-native, you can take them just about any way you want... They are smart, strong, plentiful, hard to hunt and hard to kill; and they can be dangerous... And they are tasty.
In other words, they are just about the perfect game animal. God bless the Spaniards for bringing them to California.

Bonejour said:
bphares89 said:
There is no draw for pigs, tags are cheap, no one thinks they are cute, no one wants to protect them because they are non-native, you can take them just about any way you want... They are smart, strong, plentiful, hard to hunt and hard to kill; and they can be dangerous... And they are tasty.
In other words, they are just about the perfect game animal. God bless the Spaniards for bringing them to California.

I concur with all of it. So much fun and tasty! Sooo sooo tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu