Looking to make your AR Ca. compliant?

I've been posting on thordson for a while. I was sent 1 last year to try and I recently bought 4 blemish kits. They are good for what they are plus bye bye bullet button. They sell out FAST so you need to check every day almost.

A removable magazine is not an evil feature. The pistol grip is. Plus some other things. An ar owner Should do all the research possible to know the rules.

A removable magazine is not an evil feature. The pistol grip is. Plus some other things. An ar owner Should do all the research possible to know the rules.

Exactly....read up yourself, but remove the evil features and you can go back to a regular mag release. Pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock. This fixes two things and I added a thread protector to the barrels end. (This is my opinion and should not be taken as legal advice or the truth)

In my opinion yes. As always consult legal help. If your simiauto center fire rifle has no "evil" features then yes. Think of a ruger mini 14 or a mini 30. No evil features = regular mag release.

Please please please. If you own or are thinking about purchasing a modern sporting rifle such as an armalite style rifle or AK style please look for and know what is legal. Lots of info and flow charts online. Also learn the difference in a flash hider and a brake so you don't over look that.

Compared to the pistol grip. The Thordsen is a little awkward, but you get used to it.

Agreed its some what awkward but ive been shooting my shotguns way more the past few years then my AR or my old m4 so the transition to the thordson is easier for some, then for someone that just got out of the military or law enforcement. Or for some one that trains a LOT. i do recommend an extended mag button and an ambidextrous selector switch. The thordson does move your palm back further and these small additions make life easier.

its not a perfect 'fix" but i personally like it better then the other options.

Standard a2 stock with a fin grip aka monster man or kydex add on are gtg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu