Loser cut & stole lock to my tree stand

• Thread starter Deleted member 29105
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29105

I posted this @ BloodyDecks too:

Hey Gang,
I'm not really against someone sitting in my stand. My name & # are on it (which the ranger was happy about. She said that's the rule) It is in a public national forest and after all it's been there since last year but besides six other locks I have keeping the stand to the tree and the ladder steps to each other and to the stand, I had a lock (bike style from Sp. Guide) keeping my shooting rail down to the stand. Some asshat actually cut it and took it which is funny because anyone could have sat in the stand without cutting and stealing the lock. Not to drag this out but the ranger I talked to said they are guilty of vandalism and theft which is more than I thought. I showed her the trail cam pics of the guy and she plans to look out for the him. (I won't post them yet since I don't think it's THAT big of a deal) I told her I don't care that much but I just thought is was loserish that they made the effort to bring bolt cutters to cut my lock and sit there but they can't even make the effort to buy their own stand and put it somewhere (I THINK I PAID $100 for mine?) Guess losers will be losers. Anyway, I hope y'all have a great season and double-check your tree stands. Some inexperienced, not a real hunter, asshat may be cutting/stealin your property.
It's been a bit hot and big moon for deer but I feel it coming in a couple of weeks.

Chris,

That sucks. Its in there over a year and now two weeks into the season someone has to go and mess with it. Was this guy up there around the same time youve been there? At least your camera got pics. I would post em up....If someone has the nerve to steal someone else's property its fair game to me. Also lets others know who to look for when they are out as well. I havent been in that area since I ran into you opening day but I am close by and will keep an eye out if I make a run that way.

That sucks that someone would ruin it and steal your lock.

As a side note, what is the etiquette on using someone else's tree stand. I saw one last year that was permanently attached to a tree with spikes nailed into the tree for a ladder. Is it cool for me to sit in it if the owner is not around?

If nobody is in your car when I see it on public land can I go drive it? Leave other people's shit alone buy your own find your own spots

Reactions: Prime
I want to see the picture bro, post the thieve !! I hate when people do that .In what area was your treestand ??

That's ridiculous that people steal. I remember seeing a warden show where they caught someone that stole a tree stand...didn't go to well for the scumbag.

Post up the pics of him, someone on here might have had something of there's stolen as well by this moron and could make a better case... Not to mention, he stole your stuff. He deserves to have his pictures plastered all over.

With out pics, it's bs!

Sounds like some one wants attention!

Thanks for the support y'all. I'm not going to post any pics as of now since It's not settled yet and honestly they aren't that clear. It's funny since I put my cam up in Dec. last year and soon after they closed that area due to snow and I couldn't hike that far in. When I finally grabbed the card opening day it was still operating and took 386 pics in 8 months. Pretty amazing.
I'm not out to crucify anyone but just teach them some common sense and etiquette. I'll deal with it myself but appreciate the camaraderie. Hope everyone has a safe, successful season.

Quote : that sucks that someone would ruin it and steal your lock.

As a side note, what is the etiquette on using someone else's tree stand. I saw one last year that was permanently attached to a tree with spikes nailed into the tree for a ladder. Is it cool for me to sit in it if the owner is not around? Un Quote

never, there is a cost of equipment involve , and a lot of work to pick a spot, then haul the stuff there and set it up.. do it this your self then ask your self is it ethical. and are you being lazy, and taking advantage of some else work and money. then again people should take their stuff down after the season..

Thanks for the feedback. Im new to Deer hunting and have never used a stand before. If I set up a deer stand in a tree and left it there, i would not mind if others used it when I wasn't. But i would expect them to leave if I showed up when they were on it. Having said that, Im not really interested in tree stand hunting as i think i would get bored and I like hiking.

Back to the original post, i am also in favor of publicly posting the picture of the thief.

California deer hunting just doesn't sound that appealing on public land. I drive to Montana for deer and elk. too much drama in our local woods sadly.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu