Loser cut & stole lock to my tree stand

• Thread starter Deleted member 29105
  • Start date
California deer hunting just doesn't sound that appealing on public land. I drive to Montana for deer and elk. too much drama in our local woods sadly.

That's what most people say.
it's tough in so cal

What kind of "hunter" is this? "Let's see, just about ready to go, have water, gun, ammo, snacks, cell phone, and....bolt cutters. Yes, I am ready for the hunt".

Does your film show him actually cutting? Is it possible the guy on your camera isn't the culprit? That would be my only hesitation in posting pics.

That sucks that someone would ruin it and steal your lock.

As a side note, what is the etiquette on using someone else's tree stand. I saw one last year that was permanently attached to a tree with spikes nailed into the tree for a ladder. Is it cool for me to sit in it if the owner is not around?
IMO, it's never OK to sit in someone else's stand. It's like finding someone's ground blind on turkey opener (which I've seen) and crawling inside. I know of several duck blinds on the Sea built by friends of friends and, likewise, I would never think of hunting them without permission.

Reactions: Baldkrash
I wouldn't even mind if they sat there but the cutting/theft of the lock was odd to me. Anyway, I don't care that much about it and my fuzzy pics don't matter. If I run into this dude I'll take care of it. He'll know who he met. No worries.

If nobody is in your car when I see it on public land can I go drive it? Leave other people's shit alone buy your own find your own spots
It was just a question for someone new to deer hunting. Wont be letting my kids on this forum due to angry responses to questions and profanity.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu