Mag capacity while hunting??

The non-lead-only thing irks me greatly in terms of how it affects your ability to utilize shotgun. Copper slugs are only available in sabot'd slugs... which require rifling... which means a slug-specific barrel (or a rifled choke tube, but they aren't that great apparently). And as far as I know... there is not ANY buckshot made in non-lead yet. And I don't think they make any in steel either.

So question... re: centerfire pistols... does this mean that you CAN NOT use centerfire pistols for any other types of animals? Or is this just saying in terms of game animals these are the only ones you can try for. (Preds and fur-bearers are part of Non-Game Animals) Also... does this mean that for deer, bear, pig you can use LESS-THAN 4" barrel? When I had read thru this stuff in 2014 is sounded like you had to have a minimum 4" barrel to attempt to pistol hunt for anything. So I find it interesting that here... they mention the 4" thing explicitly for elk and bighorn sheep. I read that to mean that for those other species, deer, bear, pig... you do not need 4" minimum barrel length.

What say ye?

Reactions: Goyaałé

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu