Making the jump to traditional bow hunting

Rondore

Jul 19, 2015
SFV area of Los Angeles
Hi:
I have some hunting experience and have decided to make the jump to traditional bows. Like everyone, I like catching the biggest or most fish or harvesting the best buck but, in the end, it has always been about that special connection with the land in an almost spiritual way that makes me happiest. That has what has led me to this decision.

I am 57 years old and seeking a like-minded hunting buddy. I live in the Los Angeles area so someone nearby would be great but not required. I love getting in shape and have no problem putting in the miles to scout and find game.

Thanks in advance and have a great year of being outside!

Chris

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Hi:
I have some hunting experience and have decided to make the jump to traditional bows. Like everyone, I like catching the biggest or most fish or harvesting the best buck but, in the end, it has always been about that special connection with the land in an almost spiritual way that makes me happiest. That has what has led me to this decision.

I am 57 years old and seeking a like-minded hunting buddy. I live in the Los Angeles area so someone nearby would be great but not required. I love getting in shape and have no problem putting in the miles to scout and find game.

Thanks in advance and have a great year of being outside!

Chris

Hi Chris

I started out with traditional, Steve is correct. Thus Longbow. When I stalk I am one with Forest. I prefer my longbow. I would practice daily. Just like a baseball athlete. I switched to compound for the tree stand. My effective range with longbow is only 40 yards. That's the best I felt comfortable. Welcome and good luck.

Reactions: Rondore
Hi Chris

I started out with traditional, Steve is correct. Thus Longbow. When I stalk I am one with Forest. I prefer my longbow. I would practice daily. Just like a baseball athlete. I switched to compound for the tree stand. My effective range with longbow is only 40 yards. That's the best I felt comfortable. Welcome and good luck.

Thanks, LB2. I am looking forward to it.

I use a compound but my hunting buddy has used a long bow for well over 40 years he is 78 and still loves his longbow

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu