Memory card trouble

Captaintb

Sep 13, 2011
Alpine, Ca
Went this afternoon to trade out memory cards, the one I brought home had 1,024 pics on it and the effin thing won't read on my computer or my neighbors. It's a San Disk 8gb
like i usually use and this is the first time I've had a problem. Not sure what I can do???
Anyone ever have this happen/what did you do????

When you say it is not reading what do you mean? Are there zero files? Or the computer does not even recognize the card at all?

Have your tried to look at the files with a camera etc.?

Bummer...Just some thoughts. Memory cards are fairly delicate and certainly have a shelf life if they are physically handled a lot.

Don't panic just yet.

This is a semi common problem and could be a easy fix. Go get a Data recovery program like Pandora Recovery. They make them for both mac and pc. Install it and follow the prompts.

If your computer won't even see the card you might have to format it again. Either way you can recover the images.

If after formatting your computer still does not see the card then you are fracked.

Till then don't write anything to the card or you will loose data.

Feel free to pm me and I can call you and walk you through it :)

Aeon

Aeon said:
Don't panic just yet.

This is a semi common problem and could be a easy fix. Go get a Data recovery program like Pandora Recovery. They make them for both mac and pc. Install it and follow the prompts.

If your computer won't even see the card you might have to format it again. Either way you can recover the images.

If after formatting your computer still does not see the card then you are fracked.

Till then don't write anything to the card or you will loose data.

Feel free to pm me and I can call you and walk you through it :)

Aeon
Thanks, how much does that program usually run??
Not sure how important these pics are, I know there's deer. I was just real curious to see if I had a Cat on there.

its Free..................

do not pay for anything to get the images off. There are a few free programs that will do the work. What area are you in?

Try this....
http://www.pchelpsoft.com/windows-photo-recovery/start/indexw.php?t=sd-card&gclid=COmr4dn397ECFSXhQgodj2oACA

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu