Mendota news

Duckfan

Mar 7, 2015
While Kern is not available until thanksgiving timeframe, Mendota staff has said they are hoping to have enough water to open with 350 Hunter quota.

Could be more.

Flood up info won’t be posted until a couple days before the opener.

Hyacinth still thick so Trailered boats as the only launch is not accessible

Smaller boats that you can put in you vehicle and hand launch look
To be ok but need to launch futher south off canal

FYI as I know without Kern. Hunters will look for other options

Still haven’t heard back from SJ or Wister.

Will follow up next week to see what I can find out

Thanks Rick....Tom at San J keeps everyone pretty informed with his work parties every few months...Anyone's guess what's happening at Wister... :confused:

ps...Is Mendota's system of getting on the same...1st guy in line, is the 1st guy on?

Reactions: Scal les
Mendota Wildlife Area used to use a system in which hunters lined up their vehicles on a first-come, first-serve basis, regardless of the reservation number in their possession.

But Now reservations will are issued and hunters will line up to enter the hunting area according to the number on their reservation.

There is also a separate first come first serve line after reservations called.

Last edited:
Mendota Wildlife Area used to use a system in which hunters lined up their vehicles on a first-come, first-serve basis, regardless of the reservation number in their possession.

But Now reservations will are issued and hunters will line up to enter the hunting area according to the number on their reservation.
When I went two years ago, we lined up according to reservation number

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu