Mexican Federal Police cross into USA and fire shots at Hunters

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
Still not verified:

http://www.kvia.com/news/29053964/detail.html

The Mexican government, Border Patrol and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department are investigating the incident. U.S. authorities responded to the incident.

An ABC-7 viewer contacted the station early Thursday, saying her son, husband and friends were hunting on the Rio Grande levy on the U.S. side when men on the Mexico side fired shots, narrowly missing them. She said more men on the Mexico side drove up with automatic weapons and into to U.S. side. She said the armed men fired weapons and stole hunters' chairs and drove back into Mexico.

Mosier said Border Patrol agents and Texas Parks and Wildlife officers were sent to the area immediately.

"Upon approach, our agents observed those subjects (Mexican officers) who committed the incursion return back to Mexico," Mosier said.

Mosier said that at no point of the initial investigation were there any allegations of shots being fired at subjects on the U.S. side of the border, nor is there any information to suggest that any personal items were stolen from the U.S. side of the international boundary.

I like to hunt on or near the border. I wonder if that kind of crap is ever going to happen here. I've run in Coyotes (2 legged kind) that were armed and not very nice. Makes me wonder?

Unfortunately is not only 2 legged coyotes now crossing; is the Mexican Drug Cartel and those guys are no joke, they dress like police even US police and they will chop your head and hang you from a bridge with no mercy. And if you think only US officers have sophisticated infra red and night view equipment think twice. My suggestion.... stay off the border specially if you carry guns as that is exactly what they are after. Drugs are coming to the US and Guns are going down to Mexico. It's a shame but we need to be careful as there is nothing we can do about. There have been many cases of hunters killed in Mexico just for the guns.
If you want to know more about what is really going on in Mexico with the drug cartel go to this page but viewers discretion is advised. http://blogdelnarco.com

Santiago Cohen said:
Unfortunately is not only 2 legged coyotes now crossing; is the Mexican Drug Cartel and those guys are no joke, they dress like police even US police and they will chop your head and hang you from a bridge with no mercy. And if you think only US officers have sophisticated infra red and night view equipment think twice. My suggestion.... stay off the border specially if you carry guns as that is exactly what they are after. Drugs are coming to the US and Guns are going down to Mexico. It's a shame but we need to be careful as there is nothing we can do about. There have been many cases of hunters killed in Mexico just for the guns.
If you want to know more about what is really going on in Mexico with the drug cartel go to this page but viewers discretion is advised. http://blogdelnarco.com

Yo no leo espanol?

Santiago, do you have an english version of the story? Also, I'd be interested in hearing more about hunters who had their guns stolen. I'm considering a trophy mule deer hunt to Sonora next year.

Let us know in advance so we can find you a nice place to hunt down there.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu