Michigan Deer Opener

SoCalRebelHunter

Sworn to hunt, Loyal to none
Jan 22, 2012
East El Cajon
Deer season officially opens tomorrow in the great state of Michigan. With my two tags I can take a doe or a spike, and a 4-pt or better. I had a decent 8-pt on camera, just need him to show up when I'm in the stand! Should be an exciting season. The best part is, I'll be hunting about 300 feet from the house... :p

Attachments

• STC_0373.JPG
    STC_0373.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
I grew up in Wisconsin and sure wish I was there hunting white tails. Good luck and yes I am jealous! :p

I am from Clio Michigan, and I used to hunt near Hale. come to find out over the years the deer are just as much in the south as the North... do you find this to be true?

Go get them bud!! And send me a back strap dammit! Eating jack rabbit and coot over here (not really)! ;D

ratz said:
I am from Clio Michigan, and I used to hunt near Hale. come to find out over the years the deer are just as much in the south as the North... do you find this to be true?

There are plenty of deer in the south. I just got access to hunt 240 acres of ground one of my customer owns and for the last three years he's taken between 40-50 does off that 240 acres via special permits, and still sees 300+ month on his land. A farmer around here can get "block permits" to keep the deer from destroying crops and each one has a quota. His was set at 60, so he could kill up to 60 does if he chose to. Sounds crazy, but there's still a lot of deer in my area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu