Mid Range Binos

I have a pair of 12x50 razors HD’s I’d be willing to part ways with let me know in a pm

For $1500, I would
Less than $1500 will get you new Zeiss or comprable binoculars. Don't take hand me downs,.

Completely disagree. For $1500 you can get like new EL's 10x42. If I can save $500 on a pair of like new swaros, why not? I got my NL 12x42's for a lot cheaper than new EL 12x50's.

Decided to stick with getting some higher tier binos. I want to stay around that 1500$ range. Is anyone looking to get rid of some used ones around there? 12x50 or 15x

Depending on price, a used pair of 12x UHD's are solid bins. I am also a sucker for Maven binos and have had tons of success with them. I would look at their B6 (12x50) or B5 (15x56) which are very similar to vortex UHD line for less $$$. Zeiss Conquest HD 15x are solid too.

B

Disagree big time if you are a discerning glass person, good used european glass that has been cared for (which most has been because folks that spend that kind of money know what they have and care for it) that is on the same price point as new Asian glass has better qualities unless it is ancient (I.E. produced a long time ago.) I'll argue that all day and have the products in hand to prove it. The Germans and Austrians are hands down the best producers of quality glass there is period... We are splitting hairs here but thats what I have seen and know from my personal experience..
This... you can find 15x swarovski for $1500 that will last a lifetime and outperform all others... Ed F

For $1500, I would

Completely disagree. For $1500 you can get like new EL's 10x42. If I can save $500 on a pair of like new swaros, why not? I got my NL 12x42's for a lot cheaper than new EL 12x50's.

Depending on price, a used pair of 12x UHD's are solid bins. I am also a sucker for Maven binos and have had tons of success with them. I would look at their B6 (12x50) or B5 (15x56) which are very similar to vortex UHD line for less $$$. Zeiss Conquest HD 15x are solid too.

I remember being amazed how good Mavens were for the $$$. Unfortunately, they had a narrow FOV for the given magnification if I remember correctly. Not my cup of tea but YMMV.

Check out the Meopta Meostar binos. They are right at your price range and have excellent glass for the price. If you call cameraland they usually give a discount on the advertised price. I paid under $1500 shipped for mine

Reactions: Smokey58
I was thinking about posting my Vortex kaibab 15x50’s for sale…they are the Japan made ( first series ) not the Chinese ones. Well kept in the case with eye cups. I k ow it’s not the mark your looking for but I’d be willing to part ways for $650 ish…

Reactions: Dawnandusk
I was thinking about posting my Vortex kaibab 15x50’s for sale…they are the Japan made ( first series ) not the Chinese ones. Well kept in the case with eye cups. I k ow it’s not the mark your looking for but I’d be willing to part ways for $650 ish…
I meant 15x56

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu