Military can’t buy ammo?

just_ducky_1

Aug 17, 2015
Oceanside, CA
I’m deployed but I’m hearing rumblings about guys getting turned away in Cali for buying ammo since they don’t have California drivers license and the vendor isn’t recognizing their military I’d.
I never vote in California so as much as I wanted to vote down all their stupid rules I wasn’t able to.
Can anyone validate this claim? Maybe the vendor is just lacking knowledge. It was the MCX on pendleton that turned a hunter away.
Good luck this season boys. I live through your posts!

Yep, it's true

A judge is about 30-45 days out before he makes an injunction......then we have freedom for about a week just like the mag

X2 passport or Real ID. I checked with a local gun shop in San Marcos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get yourself a passport and you are good to go (if you are a citizen), Cali sucks even if you are active military and willing lay your life down for your adopted country if you are an immigrant. It has to do with the fact that Cali issues drivers licenses to noncitizens so that they can collect insurance fees and try and make sure that people that are not here legally comply with the driver insurance laws and have a drivers license (insane in my opinion as it promotes illegal immigration and illegal employment as well as taxing the infrastructure of the state in every aspect by taking care of people with benefits they have not earned and in many cases who do not pay there fair share in taxes because they are not legally employed and working under the radar,) Gavin now wants to give theses folks free health care, HUH?) The folks who have this noncitizenship status cannot buy ammo and because the military also accepts non citizens (federal law says so they can join and is different and has been in place since immigration laws came into effect) your service mates have been cast off in the unknown status without a real id (many states offer them (if they are citizens and not otherwise) so I think the informed ammo dealers will be able to sell to you with a real id or passport) But many dealers don't know the ground rules yet because Cali is notorious about not defining the laws that that they put forth.

He's still going to have a problem.

If you don't have a gun that you bought in the last I don't know three to five years you're not in the system.

Sorry passport means nothing in California ammo laws other than you are citizen of the u.s.

The purchase of a firearm does make a difference because you are in the system already (as long as none of the purchase info residency wise has not changed otherwise you start from scratch) but you can still do it with a backround check (costs more) if you have the proper documents (Check the law as it is written) and then you can still purchase, Yes it must be a U.S passport not foreign and then you are good to go. Just purchased ammo yesterday and went through it with a real i.d and had no problem, it took less than than five minutes to maneuver through all the b.s. with a dealer that knew the law. Once you are in the system and purchase regularly without breaking laws it should be no problem.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
99% of my guns aren’t registered because they are inheritance or bought before my service in another state. So I’m probably a felon too.
Counting down the days to leave this messed up state. They keep trying to lure some in with the military retirement and kids go to school free things. Thanks but no thanks, didn’t join for handouts. Joined to serve our people. Politicians should think that and get what we get paid, as well as higher tenure so they can’t stay in office.
Sorry to be all political. Go shoot sky rats!

I would say if your military, stop defending / protecting the "Demoncrat Party" they are the ones creating this issue.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu