Military group looking for info

AAmolina23

Oct 14, 2012
How's it going gents I'm in the military living at camp Pendleton and I am a hard core hunter but I have a huge problem.... No idea what's out here or where to go, right now I'm looking to get some coyotes and bobcat for the fur, I'm also interested in selling the pelts for some cash if u could shoot me some places or people that buy pelts that would be highly appreciated
Thanks!!!

Welcome to the site.
Coyotes you can hunt all year long. Bobcats your going to have to wait for the season. You will need to buy tags for them on top of your hunting license. In order to sell the pelts you will need to get a trapping license also. Not familiar with any buyers around here.

Dang really they have a season for bobcat?? Up in Washington tere just like coyote anytime of the year!!

Molina, Not only is there a trapping/fur handling application, you have to fill out a fur dealer report form which you are required to disclose the number and species of animal you killed along with the average price they were sold for. On top of that I'm pretty sure you'll have to take a written test because mose fur dealers aren't shooting them, they're trapping them. Most likely that would apply. Check out the Department of Fish and Game website for regulations. Good luck!

You need to go to Game Warden office BLDG 2648 behind the MECH museum on base and talk with any of the wardens there. Frank is my favorite.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu