Missouri Fishing

Midwest_Hunter

Mar 6, 2013
Just got back from a little vacation back in Missouri and I hooked up with a buddy of mine who took me to one of his honey holes. The plan was to throw out some catfish lines and then do some bass fishing. Well you know things never really go according to plan. Since it was the three of us, My buddy, myself, and my girlfriend we had the catfish poles in the water.

The first catfish caught was sort of a surprise since it was 3 in the afternoon and hot as all get up in Missouri. It just didn't end there though. Every few minutes we had a bite or fish on on one of the three poles. There was even an instance where my buddy snagged and killed a water moccasin to remove if from the area. (No pic).

Over the next few hours we ended up slaying the catfish and not having a chance to bass fish at all. At one point I catch about a 20-25 lb turtle and my buddy went in the water to grab its tail to land it. Needless to say, we at pretty good the next day...

Attachments

• Catfishing Missouri.jpg
    Catfishing Missouri.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • MIssouri Turtle.jpg
    MIssouri Turtle.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 44

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu