Molokai axis hunt

BudMiyamoto

Aug 8, 2018
I hunted all day Thursday with my bow didn’t see much deer a hand full of does it was really tough hunting put about 6 miles on my boots in some rough terrain. So yesterday I decided to take out the rifle. I got to my spot just after 5 am sat for about 15 min and a herd walked past the tree a was under at 10 yards I couldn’t make out any big bucks they got to my backside and winded me and they all blew out of there. I was pretty bummed thinking that was it for the morning. It got lighted and I sat for about a half hour and was almost ready to call it a day then I seen I nice herd pop out of the trees with a few younger bucks mid herd then the last buck was a good sized one. I watched the herd from about 300 yards make their way towards me the first half of the herd passed me at about 110 yards then the second half came right to the tree I was under at 20 yards the nice buck stopped at 20 and I let him have it with my .243 he ran 20 yards and piled up. Now off to Kauai to try get a black tail and a goat and pig 9140D5FF-C5EB-40B4-BA6F-6EA197072904.jpeg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu