Montana Public Land Bull,

SW Montana in the sapphire range. 440 yards, 180 grain Hornady SST, 30.06. Left the house at 9am, spotted three bulls in a canyon we hiked 4.5 miles into about 2:30, had a feeling the bull I was after was in there. He was, but I couldn't get a shot, careful glassing and we spotted two more bulls laying with him. I took the only bull I had a legit shot at, still stretching my range with 30.06. Shot went down at 3:20pm, took nearly an hour to glass area, plan small stalk to get under 450 yards, and get the shot right. This is the fourth time I have gone after that huge six point, try again next year, but I am happy with the 7x7 I shot.

wow what a bull! you know what he scores I am going to have to say about 370 or so , congrats !

2 B,

Awesome bull..........The one I was looking for out of Big Timber last week...........Congrats.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu