Montana Tendoy Sheep reduction to continue

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
NBK submitted a new article

Montana Tendoy Sheep reduction to continue

zzzsheepy.jpg

Headlines

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

During a conference call Aug. 29 the Montana Fish and Wildlife Commission approved a proposal from Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks to continue a bighorn sheep elimination effort in the Tendoy Mountains (bighorn sheep hunting district 315) that was...
Continue reading the FULL ARTICLE

That sounds like it would be a tough hunt especially if they spent 20 days in the air and only got 4. Surprised they haven't tried tagging so they can track the herd better. I guess they figure it would be better to just shoot one instead of tag one. A sheep is a once maybe twice in a lifetime hunt so for $1,250 if you are willing to roll the dice who knows. I would plan on at least a 14 day hunt and get a very high powered spotting scope. I would assume that DFG is going to be giving people a good idea of where to look. It will probably be a mad house up there.

Drew,

Theses BG's were quite low......We also had a whiteout and 2 feet of snow (11-10-12)......Late season hunt would be the ticket.....;)

.montana day 4 020.JPG

That sounds like it would be a tough hunt especially if they spent 20 days in the air and only got 4. Surprised they haven't tried tagging so they can track the herd better. I guess they figure it would be better to just shoot one instead of tag one. A sheep is a once maybe twice in a lifetime hunt so for $1,250 if you are willing to roll the dice who knows. I would plan on at least a 14 day hunt and get a very high powered spotting scope. I would assume that DFG is going to be giving people a good idea of where to look. It will probably be a mad house up there.

The sheep get some type of lung infection and the bios can't cure it so they want them all gone then they will transplant new sheep. I have a buddy up there who shot one last year nothing big.....he told me all about it.

So I would guess it's a open tag all ages and gender? Man if you could pull a sheep off without having to wait 15+ years wow what an accomplishment.

That's a +1 on my bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu