More catfish fun and follies

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
Told my younger daughter Nichole for my Father’s Day gift I wanted her to go fishing with me because it’s been a while since we went together. So yesterday we headed to Henshaw to see if the catfish were still biting. Answer: yes! Still on a tear. Limits for three of us by noon and some dinks thrown back.

3B0EB6C2-D00C-420C-989C-25FCAB950E84.jpeg
Wind came up for a bit and Nichole’s favorite hat blew off into the lake. She lunged for it and nearly fell overboard, and more importantly, was within inches of knocking her IPhone over. Boyfriend Patrick grabbed the net and started to reach out for it as it slowly sank and got further out from the boat. At same time I started to cast my hook at the hat but instead hooked the net Patrick was lunging with, jerking it out of his hand and into the water. Complete YouTube follies stuff as the hat continues to sink. Then I grabbed another rod and managed to cast on the hat and retrieve it.

Had a great time and as usual, Nichole caught the first fish and also the biggest.

1783D562-A2B2-4629-BD08-844982373637.jpegBEDE9E1C-1659-4749-8CAC-C2319EAD22BA.jpeg6C961E33-7EF0-4B31-A11A-7BC961AA53FF.jpegF941DBF6-22C1-448F-961F-560EED1F1236.jpeg8314F32A-D851-4D64-A387-74F74CB128D3.jpeg
I’m done cleaning catfish for a while. Fish fry(s) to come!

Great going, Kevin....Talked with Frank today and said if would want to have a little catfish derby that would be fine.

ps....Lake Henshaw when the wind comes up is no joke....The boats they now rent are awesome and very stable.

Reactions: WaterDawg
A derby would be fun! I was going to give out my spot but if we’re having a contest......lol. Seriously though if any of you guys are going to the ‘Shaw and don’t already have a plan then PM me and I’ll give you the numbers on where we’ve been hammering them.

The little Carolina Skiffs are nice. Flat bottom boats are so much more comfortable to fish from than V hulls.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu