More federal gun control.

Most people don’t know the last “assault weapons ban” had a mandatory 10 year study to determine the impact and or success of the ban. The study made no successful determination of the ban and showed no clear evidence of a change in criminal use of firearms.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I will concede I do support one and only one regulation. If you have young kids in the house guns need to be locked up.
Do you agree with as it is now.
Any 18 years and younger.
Must be locked up.
I don't disagree but
By 10 years old I would know not to touch a gun in the house with out permission or I would get my ass spanked. Lol

Reactions: Smokey58
I see you put up the nice photo of Senator Dianne Feinstein with an assault weapon who her and her husband Richard Blum received a $600 million dollar contract to supply the Army to help with troop mobilization, weapons systems training and anti-terrorism efforts, which could bring in $3.1 billion over an eight year period.

For someone who is anti-gun, she sure profits from it.

Teach your kids that all guns can kill and are not a toys, and the age shouldn't matter. IMO

^^^ THIS !!!

All this isht we see happening now? The mass shootings and stuff? Has deek to do guns. It has to do with corporate greed and, by proxy, govt greed. The insatiable need to increase profits every year, by both of them, leads to higher prices and more taxes and devluation of our dollar... which in turn, leads to both parents needing to work if you're ever gonna get ahead of the curve, or if you have any dreams of ever owning a home... which in turn leads to less-supervised kids... which leads to less opportunities for us, as the parents, to make use of their bad choices at times as teaching moments.

Also... all these dumb@sses getting in an upraor over the use of corporal punishment! If done right.... you almost never have to use it... but it DOES need to be part of your toolset in terms of correcting your child from time to time.

Problem is... since soo many of these Parents feel over-worked, since they gotta get their hustle and grind on... many of them don't "man-up" and step up to the task of raising the damn kids they brought into this world. They'd rather shove a phone or a tablet under their face, rather than engage with their kid, or willfully make sure to plan physical activity for their damn kid. Rather than prep the kid to be a self-sufficient autonomous human being.

Another BIG problem I have? In schools... NOW...if an incident happens between two kids... any kid that lays hands on any other kid gets punished.. EVEN WHEN IT WAS IN RESPONSE/RETALIATION TO THE OTHER KID THAT STARTED IT! THAT... is NOT COOL.. and THAT will ALSO lead to these kids not learning that there are consequences to their actions. How the hell are they gonna learn "Don't Start None... Won't BE None." AND... how will they ever learn to assert and confront bullies and protect themselves... if every time they do... your dumb @ss wants to punish them?

Indeed... nobodies kids *should* be hurting anybody elses kid. BUT... if somebody else started the sh!t?.. Naw..EFF that man...it's fair game. And the one who didn't start it... should be free from any reprimand.

That's the way it was when we were growing up. Not only that... if you were bad, the principals could swat your @ss too! And be honest, sometimes you'd deserve it.

ACTION... REACTION. Cause and Effect. Causality. A big part of what's missing today. And these dumb @sses today lack long-range thinking in terms of their policies and their effects on behavorial development. Remember all the "Everybody's a winner kids"? And how that worked out?

^^^ THIS !!!

All this isht we see happening now? The mass shootings and stuff? Has deek to do guns. It has to do with corporate greed and, by proxy, govt greed. The insatiable need to increase profits every year, by both of them, leads to higher prices and more taxes and devluation of our dollar... which in turn, leads to both parents needing to work if you're ever gonna get ahead of the curve, or if you have any dreams of ever owning a home... which in turn leads to less-supervised kids... which leads to less opportunities for us, as the parents, to make use of their bad choices at times as teaching moments.

Also... all these dumb@sses getting in an upraor over the use of corporal punishment! If done right.... you almost never have to use it... but it DOES need to be part of your toolset in terms of correcting your child from time to time.

Problem is... since soo many of these Parents feel over-worked, since they gotta get their hustle and grind on... many of them don't "man-up" and step up to the task of raising the damn kids they brought into this world. They'd rather shove a phone or a tablet under their face, rather than engage with their kid, or willfully make sure to plan physical activity for their damn kid. Rather than prep the kid to be a self-sufficient autonomous human being.

Another BIG problem I have? In schools... NOW...if an incident happens between two kids... any kid that lays hands on any other kid gets punished.. EVEN WHEN IT WAS IN RESPONSE/RETALIATION TO THE OTHER KID THAT STARTED IT! THAT... is NOT COOL.. and THAT will ALSO lead to these kids not learning that there are consequences to their actions. How the hell are they gonna learn "Don't Start None... Won't BE None." AND... how will they ever learn to assert and confront bullies and protect themselves... if every time they do... your dumb @ss wants to punish them?

Indeed... nobodies kids *should* be hurting anybody elses kid. BUT... if somebody else started the sh!t?.. Naw..EFF that man...it's fair game. And the one who didn't start it... should be free from any reprimand.

That's the way it was when we were growing up. Not only that... if you were bad, the principals could swat your @ss too! And be honest, sometimes you'd deserve it.

ACTION... REACTION. Cause and Effect. Causality. A big part of what's missing today. And these dumb @sses today lack long-range thinking in terms of their policies and their effects on behavorial development. Remember all the "Everybody's a winner kids"? And how that worked out?
Thanks for the lecture. Me and my wife both work, could care less about corporate greed. I raise my girls to have respect for others and good manners. I can only take responsibility for what goes on in my house, make no mistake, if you mess with 1 girl all 4 will be there to take care of you. GOD BLESS

Huh? Maybe some misunderstanding?

Wasn't "lecturing" you at all. Just adding my $.02 to the convo. My observations. That's all.

I started the comment off by pointing "^^^^" to your comment and saying "THIS!" to show how I was agreeing with it.

RE: both working. My point being that when WE were kids... it was actually possible for just 1 to work... and the family to still be able to own a home. Granted, for us it was a Ghetto-y neighborhood in Carson. But still that's way better than growin' up your whole life livin' in apartments or the projects or whatever. PEACE OUT

Reactions: MAG 1
Aw.. man. Sorry to hear that man. Very sobering, especially when it's someone your own age.

A Great guy we all knew ended up crashing his bike after leaving Cook's Corner when he was on the 15 headed back home. We all suspect that day he may have had just a leeeetle bit too much. Was a great guy. Very well liked. Kinda guy that always made ya smile when ya saw him, ya know? At least was real cool to see how many turned out and contributed at the benefit concert held to help his daughter deal with the funeral costs over at the Anaheim HOB. The place was literally packed.

Reactions: MAG 1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu