Mosquitoe repellent

Joe D

Jun 24, 2017
I'm taking my son on a youth duck hunt in winter this weekend coming weekend last time we went we were attacked by mosquitoes his face swelled up we had off repellent has anyone ever used the electronic repellent thermacell repellent s our other ideas thanks

Reactions: Slayersmith
I use just about any kind of aerosol type bug sprays (Using Repel right now). And spray before you get exposed to mosquitos.....Remember to do any cloths that are thin too.....They bite right thru it.

My grandchildren have some lung breathing type issues so we don’t use too much stay type stuff but everyone in the family has a thermacell. Doesnt work great if your moving but in a blind or sitting glassing they seem to work for us.

Reactions: Sigalert2012
I always use the cell if I'm stationary, mostly on warm nights or mornings. On the move I use repel or off. Spray before you go to the blind. After getting mauled on the sea once, I will always bring my cell!

We had a great Jr. Hunt kids put the smack down on the ducks and geese. 17 ducks by 11am on Saturday, then cleaned up. 15 Geese on Sunday by about 10am.

Mike got a nice unicorn that is going on the wall, he is saving every penny he gets for the mount. Also got his pic in WON.....Again..LOL :) Mike with blue wing.jpg Mike with blue wing recropped.jpg

Reactions: longduck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu