Mounts for Hunt Lodge on wheels

brad nsw

Oct 24, 2015
Just got my 7th Skull cap mounted in my hunting lodge on wheels (Montana 5th wheel). All D16 bucks. Just started this 5 years ago so a couple didn't make "the walls".

Casing has the year etched onto it...Not sure what I'll do with an ELK rack!! Will probably have to convince the wife that skulls can go in our real house and not just the hunting lodge!!

Yes, that's SCH Forum, open on the computer:cool:.
hunt lodge.jpghunt logdge2.jpg

Nice hunting cabin on wheels! That’s the best kind! I have one euro mount in the house and most people think it’s fake! Damn non hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh... hopefully with some luck I can add more to the walls in my tiny 10x10 office room, I got a very late start in this game in 2014.

But I'll tell ya... after I mounted my first deer... I tell people... I now understand why people get tattoos... It's like... you did that... and nobody can take that away from you!

I get it now.

I have dreams and aspirations of going all around the walls of this lil' room. And with some luck, I hope to add some things with Teeth along the way at some point.

BTW... the casing having the etching is a very cool touch!WP_20171005_001 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Sigh... hopefully with some luck I can add more to the walls in my tiny 10x10 office room, I got a very late start in this game in 2014.

But I'll tell ya... after I mounted my first deer... I tell people... I now understand why people get tattoos... It's like... you did that... and nobody can take that away from you!

I get it now.

I have dreams and aspirations of going all around the walls of this lil' room. And with some luck, I hope to add some things with Teeth along the way at some point.
View attachment 37598
BTW... the casing having the etching is a very cool touch!View attachment 37598
Hey Larry what do u use to whiten the skulls?

Larry - Nice miunts!!

More will come, as it's obvious you know how to get close. All under 50yds is awesome!

I used the Montec G5. Flew great for me. This year switched to Exodus 125gns and they seem to fly just a tad better for me and seem indestructible. Had a buddy down a BIG bull moose in Alaska. He shoots 100gn Exodus on a 70lb bow and got a complete pass through. Impressive for an animal that size!

Hey Larry what do u use to whiten the skulls?

You go to a Beauty supply store, and you get some Peroxide Developer cream stuff they use when coloring ladies hair. I wanna say it's like a 40% Peroxide solution.

It's very thick stuff. You squirt a generous amount into the pot you're boiling..er...check that... simmering... the skull in. I'd say... at least a Golfball's amount worth?

You'll likely have to do the simmer more than once. You leave them to sit in the sun also. When I let them sit in the sun I spray them with Tilex. Which is basically just a chlorine spray. The big thing you're doing there is making sure any and all possible particles of flesh that are left behind become oxidized. The Peroxide... it's my understanding that is cures any bits of flesh material that manage to get left behind.

Once I've had them sitting in my room for a good number of days... and I'm convinced they no longer are emitting any smell. (If they do still have smell you must repeat the simmering, spraying with bleach and sitting in the sun process until finally no more)

When you're satisfied that they are cleaned now.. you them brush them down with Mop-N-Glo and it seals up the porosity of the skull and substantially whitens them up!

Reactions: iupa1
Larry - Nice miunts!!

More will come, as it's obvious you know how to get close. All under 50yds is awesome!

I used the Montec G5. Flew great for me. This year switched to Exodus 125gns and they seem to fly just a tad better for me and seem indestructible. Had a buddy down a BIG bull moose in Alaska. He shoots 100gn Exodus on a 70lb bow and got a complete pass through. Impressive for an animal that size!

For me it's not about me getting close to them... it's about me being still... for HUGE amounts of time... and them passing by close to me.

Reactions: iupa1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu