My Brother Gets his First Bird

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
I hunted with my Brother inlaw today to see if we could get him his first bird.Started out really slow and quiet,so we waited around till mid morning to see if we could get something going after the hens left to go lay eggs.About 9:00am we get a far away gobble so I yelp back and bam gobble gobble.Soon he is at the far edge of the meadow 200yrd away strutting. I give a few more yelps and here comes 5min later he is walking up the hill behind us,then around to our right side.As he gets out in front we hear another gobble and here comes another tom running in from the other side.Dave picks one out and whacks him.Nice first bird.20lbs,9inch beard, 3/4inch spurrs.

Attachments

• 2012-04-22_10-02-02_58.jpg
    2012-04-22_10-02-02_58.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Excellent bird! Seems like the bigger birds are getting a little easier to call in the last week or so.

Way to go Doug, we need to start calling you Dr. Turkey!!!! Yeah?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu