My fall.......

Vermonster

Dec 14, 2012
Well, not to get into the whole stories, since half the people here probably saw them on other sites, but I broke my 12 year drought this year on a couple of occasions. First, I was able to take a deer back in Vermont with my Dad for the rifle opener. I used a gun that used to be his Dad's, who I never met (Died before I was born). It's a Model 71 Winchester .348. Not the biggest deer, but I am a meat hunter, and it had been long enough, so I was more than happy.

2012-11-11_07-34-46_6441.jpg

Second, was least weekend at Tejon. I was on my first ever hog hunt, on one of their management weekends. Indecision on the first day, when I had 4 sows that were 120-160 pounds, all come within 15 yards, had me thinking I had screwed up and was going to strike out. However, I found a nice boar crossing an oak flat on the last morning of the hunt. He went 185 pounds, big enough for the big pig of the weekend on the north side.

pig.jpg

Might hit the woods with the bow one more time before the A-22 ends, but if not, it'll be on to turkey season!

Good job Sean its nice to see you killing things for a change. This should prove to you if you actually hunt you might kill something.

Oh i forgot to mention you missed a few forums to post your pr0n

you forgot to post on betterhomesandgarden.com/forum and knittingmasters.com/forum.

Aeon said:
Oh i forgot to mention you missed a few forums to post your pr0n

you forgot to post on betterhomesandgarden.com/forum and knittingmasters.com/forum.

I only hit 5 of them........ ;)

I was pointed towards here because someone on the site does metallized skulls, I guess, and I might try that with my boar. However, after browsing around a little, looks like a nice place, so figured I'd join in.........

Ya' that is an awesome lever gun Sean. Looks like a nice piece of lumber on it too! And we are glad you decided to join up. Now humor us with the damn avatar! :mad:

Nice choppers on the swine and a dandy buck to boot!

Took it from a stand. My Dad has a stand on the edge of an old apple orchard, and the last 2 times prior to this year that I was home, he offered to let me sit there. In 2008 and 2011, I declined, and both time, he shot nice 8 points just an hour after shooting light. Told him this year I was taking his stand, and got this guy, and hour after light, but had to wait to the second day.

NBK, the Cartman one? I am trying, but when I try to change/edit my profile, it doesn't do anything. Can't find where to customize my stuff...... ??? Oh, and the gun was manufactured in 1942, and hasn't been refurbished. All original wood, bluing, etc.

Congrats on a great hunt. And ya' its about time. Keep at it Sean! You're on a roll!

Ya' Cartman please!

Hey Sean, Congrats on the boar and buck this year, and welcome to the site.

NBK said:
Ya' that is an awesome lever gun Sean. Looks like a nice piece of lumber on it too! And we are glad you decided to join up. Now humor us with the damn avatar! :mad:

Nice choppers on the swine and a dandy buck to boot!
Beyond the teeth that guy has a good hair too. Another 50 lbs and it would be a wall hanger. Congrats on both hunts..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu