My first D-16 Buck

MidCityBlueSpartan

Feb 21, 2013
This is my first San Diego buck and he may not have the most impressive rack but I couldn't be happier with him. I was sitting in an open field yesterday evening watching 6 does feeding just as the sun started to dip behind the mountains. I saw this buck come over a nearby ridge and stop a quarter of the way down the hillside. I watched him for a while and he stood there like a statue. I was running out of shooting light and he wasn't coming any closer so I decided to test out my new Sako 85 6.5x55 with a 280 yard shot with a 9 degree incline. I hit him solid with the first shot and he dropped immediately. Thanks again for the new rifle NBK I love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg_thumb.png
    image.jpg_thumb.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 251
There ain't a damn thing wrong with that deer!!!!!!!! Although it looks like he's suffered from lead poisoning.

MidCityBlueSpartan said:
This is my first San Diego buck and he may not have the most impressive rack but I couldn't be happier with him. I was sitting in an open field yesterday evening watching 6 does feeding just as the sun started to dip behind the mountains. I saw this buck come over a nearby ridge and stop a quarter of the way down the hillside. I watched him for a while and he stood there like a statue. I was running out of shooting light and he wasn't coming any closer so I decided to test out my new Sako 85 6.5x55 with a 280 yard shot with a 9 degree incline. I hit him solid with the first shot and he dropped immediately. Thanks again for the new rifle NBK I love it!
Thats a beauty nice shooting.

LBH2

Absolutely nothing wrong with that buck! Very, very nice and a great shot at that. Well done!!! :)

Great first deer man. I'm liking the hardware also all around good pict

MidCityBlueSpartan said:
This is my first San Diego buck and he may not have the most impressive rack but
I disagree... it is an impressive rack! doesn't have a a lot of points, but the thickness, and the length of the tines, and the width, are all impressive.
Great job, must have scouted it well.
:)

That is a very respectable set of antlers especially for a San Diego deer. That is a hell of a rig you put him down with also! Congrats.

Nothing wrong with that buck. Great job on your first d16 buck. They can be hard to find.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu