My first hunt with my son.

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
I went on my first hunt with my son James by my side. He did so good. He was very quiet and focused. We hiked in to my secret spot a mile past any road or trail. It was a very special time between father and son and the emotion of it caught me a little off guard. Good times in the years ahead.

Attachments

• DSC04654.JPG
    DSC04654.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC04655.JPG
    DSC04655.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC04660.JPG
    DSC04660.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC04661.JPG
    DSC04661.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • PRMS1151.JPG
    PRMS1151.JPG
    642.5 KB · Views: 14
Very nice Jim. He is a cute little guy (kinda looks a little like the mailman) ;D.

I drug my son all over the western united states from the age of 5 and we have never regretted a minute of it.

Good time is right!

I may have a picture of you like that from last years NM elk hunt.

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Buckhunter, that is great! I'm gonna take my son shortly to the woods also. He is 5 yrs old goin on 6. I've been takin him fishing but not hunting. After u posted those pics i'm dying to take him. Congratz! Good luck :)

That,s too funny. Great work Random. You forgot the beer in his hand.

this is awesome for some many reason! Great getting your son out :) Also, Random GREAT work. I almost shot Mt Dew threw my nose. Thanks for the laughs and for sharing.

Thats awesome Jim, I have only taken my kids on Dove hunts but I cant wait until he is a bit older to take him with me on out of state hunts and our local mountains.

Larry

Sorry Buckhunter I wasn't trying to hijack your thread I just could resist with the picture. Congrats on getting your boy into the field. I'm sure he'll have a bow of his own in his hands in no time at all.

Randomshot said:
Sorry Buckhunter I wasn't trying to hijack your thread I just could resist with the picture. Congrats on getting your boy into the field. I'm sure he'll have a bow of his own in his hands in no time at all.

I didn't mind. I had a good hard laugh. I love it.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu