My first trail cam pics.

code3run

Feb 27, 2011
Covina Ca
I have never owned a trail cam and finally was able to put it up and thought for sure it would get stolen. I put it in an area where im sure lots of hunters or people trek through but wanted to get it up to see what i would capture. I left it for almost 2 full days in almost plain view to anyone hiking or hunting the trail. I secured it with a few cable trigger locks and this thing stuck out like a sore thumb.

The only thing I captured was this coyote and a couple hikers. Not bad for trail camera newbie....
zjgc9i.jpg
t68qqf.jpg
2m2cc5j.jpg
2vsm9e8.jpg

a little hint about placement. Set the camera up so it faces down a trail not 90deg to it. The Trigger time ( time it takes the camera to take a pic after detecting motion) can range from a split second on good cams to quite a while on a cheap cam. cheap cams at 90deg to the trail tend to trigger late and miss the animal or only get the back end.....

Aeon said:
a little hint about placement. Set the camera up so it faces down a trail not 90deg to it. The Trigger time ( time it takes the camera to take a pic after detecting motion) can range from a split second on good cams to quite a while on a cheap cam. cheap cams at 90deg to the trail tend to trigger late and miss the animal or only get the back end.....
exactly what I was thinking

I bought this cheap camera at Walmart for clearance price for 47 bucks. Just wanted to try one out. Its is fun to check out what you may have captured.

Yes I wanted to put it pointing down the trail but since I was using gun trigger locks to secure it I couldnt find a small enough tree...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu