My first year hunting in California comes to an end

Emichie

Jul 29, 2012
Ventura CA
Well this was the closing weekend if my D13 tag. Even though I was unable to fill my tags, this has been a great year. I didn't get out quite as many time as I would have liked, but learned alot and had a great time. During A zone I realized that it was WAY to hot, and that I need to find some areas with more water. In D13 I needed to find some spots with less hunters haha. This Sunday up on top of Pine Mountain I started my day in 2'' of snow! I saw many beautiful sunrises, and a few does with fawns.

I plan on doing some pig hunts, and maybe try and help a friend fill his bear tag. And during the off season I will have a whole new outlook on all the hiking, and backpacking trips I take.

Evan Michie

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu