My gun is done.

Garrett, the brake looks like it works really well. Upon firing there is little to no muzzle rise. Very nice!

NBK said:
Garrett, the brake looks like it works really well. Upon firing there is little to no muzzle rise. Very nice!

Yeah I'm super happy with it. It's nice being able to call your own shots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lungpopper said:
So what does the math say you can get out to with your set up?
I have enough elevation to get 1800 yards on steel. And about 1000 fpe at 1000 yards.

Lungpopper said:
TaftHunter said:
Lungpopper said:
So what does the math say you can get out to with your set up?
I have enough elevation to get 1800 yards on steel. And about 1000 fpe at 1000 yards.

So wont be long you will be dinging the 1 mile gong.

Not long at all! Should be fun.

Muzzlebrake no friend of mine...but love the butt/cheek pad for those LD shots very nice!

MJB said:
Muzzlebrake no friend of mine...but love the butt/cheek pad for those LD shots very nice!

I would have never thought I would own a rifle with a muzzle break, but it really is nice watching your bullet hit and being able to call your shots if you're shooting/hunting alone.

Downside is, you can not shoot with out hearing protection. I made that mistake 1 shot and never again will that happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
That vid says a lot about muzzle brakes.

Yes sir, my gunsmith custom makes his, with his own design. I think it works pretty well!

wow man you def got some sweet hardware on that rifle!!!! How do you like the G7 BR2 ? was it worth the investment along with the nightforce? Hopefully some day ill slap a rig like that together.... Im going to go with a 300WSM though

Super pumped for you buddy can't wait to see how the lead free fly for you

Jdrivsd619 said:
wow man you def got some sweet hardware on that rifle!!!! How do you like the G7 BR2 ? was it worth the investment along with the nightforce? Hopefully some day ill slap a rig like that together.... Im going to go with a 300WSM though

Super pumped for you buddy can't wait to see how the lead free fly for you

Thanks man! I really like it so far. It seems to be extremely true, I will do a ton of testing with it before season. It called for 26.9 MOA at 1000 yards and it was right on the money. I can say I am really impressed with the Nightforce, although I don't have much experience with any other scopes. I'm not sure what I'm going to put on my next build..
Right now at my private range I only have a 1000 yard gong (12"x14"). But I'm working on getting it from 300-1400 yards with a gong every 100 yards.
300 wsm is a good choice.. I think I might work on a 338 Lapua next..

Me too, hopefully I can find a good load! I'll post up if I do!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu