My new hunting ride

rad truck sir. Hey you live near the mountains that must be nice for an outdoorsmen to be near the outdoors.

Reactions: sportyg
I got the same truck with a little less chrome. I am going to tell you that having such a nice truck will prevent you from getting to places in the mountains where you would not hesitate to take your old beat-up vehicle...at least for a while....lol.

I thought about wrapping mine to avoid scratches in tight trails but it is not very cost-effective.

It sure is nice to have for most other hunting applications though including sleeping on the bed.

Enjoy it.

Thanks again guys, not worried about Texas pin striping comes with the use. Changing the tags on her getting the disabled Vet tags hence registration exempt .

Reactions: ilovesprig
I live in Desert Hot Springs, on the north side of the city so I can walk to the hills from where I live. Built this house with the help from a few friends.
Awesome house sir. Small world, my bro in law lives in DHS off of Pierson Blvd right before the 62. I go visit him once in a while and I always want to go do a yote call :) and wonder if deer live on them mountains, I think it's still D12 zone.

Most quail live in town as people feed them, I have a spot but it is to close to buildings to use firearms. As for deer there are a few however I think they are in the areas around the windmills. I have seen a couple dead along side the road in those areas. That is the only place I have seen them as of this date. I still have a lot of area to explore out my way. Now that I have this new truck I can start doing that. coyotes are all over the place I've been looking for a way around the country club as they see them there at all times of the day. They also run the field behind my house between 2:30 & 5:30 AM on any given day. I have found parts of two dead rabbits by my trash cans where they have eaten them there. By the way this is what we call low income housing in my area.. I sit on the board of directors for CVHC.org. a 501 3C low in come housing builder.

Last edited:
Reactions: IVhunter
Awesome house sir. Small world, my bro in law lives in DHS off of Pierson Blvd right before the 62. I go visit him once in a while and I always want to go do a yote call :) and wonder if deer live on them mountains, I think it's still D12 zone.
should be an easy yote hunt around where he lives lots of open land in that area and it is county not city..

Reactions: IVhunter
AWHHH DHS that is why you don't need meats on those pretty rims.
Just messing with you, I would get some more aggressive tread or as I did for My truck a set of steel rims with some really good off road snow and mud tires, I put on just before hunting season and remove after.

Hey sport you have put the license plate, city of residence, address to your home and what it looks like landscape.
Not a good thing in my book ?
Your Welcome Sport

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu