My new PRS build

Very happy with the new rifle today. The zues is soo smooth and the rifle balances on baracades very well. I shot my first club match with it I tied for 16th in points but placed 18th from overall time on a tiebreaker stage. 20210627_102609.jpg20210627_115119.jpg20210627_115156.jpg20210627_115058.jpg

Had an article written about my new rifle and reloading gear at accurate shooter. Pretty flattered that they wrote about the new rig.

Had an article written about my new rifle and reloading gear at accurate shooter. Pretty flattered that they wrote about the new rig.

I'm duly impressed.

Reactions: punkur67
Shot my first 2 day match this weekend at the Vortex Tactical Precision Rifle Challenge. It was pretty hot all weekend. I definitely love the new rifle

My first day I had a few stages that I did not do good on. I forgot to hold over some targets, had the wrong gun profile in the kestrel for the first 2 stages, couldn't find a target on one stage till half way through my time. I finished day one 87th out of 98 shooters with 30 impacts out of 90 targets.

My second day went much better. The whole day was much smoother and I shot 50 out of 78 targets. I ended up placing 77th overall. The shooters there were all high level or professional. It was an awsome experience that I learned a ton from.
IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0084(1).jpg
IMG_0087.jpg

Well done Jeff. Exciting to hear about the events and how they unfold. Keep us all up to date. Most folks don't realize how hard the PRS sport really is. So much to learn and experience for sure.

I think @Lungpopper would pick it up quickly. So would @Aeon but he is to cuckoo about ducks. Can't say that I blame him.

Well done Jeff. Exciting to hear about the events and how they unfold. Keep us all up to date. Most folks don't realize how hard the PRS sport really is. So much to learn and experience for sure.

I think @Lungpopper would pick it up quickly. So would @Aeon but he is to cuckoo about ducks. Can't say that I blame him.

I know this is a hunting forum but I know PRS would help anyone build skills to help make better shots and build confidence to take longer shots. In fact the NRL hunter series is designed to stage hunting scenarios where you find, range, and engage targets.

We should do a mock stage at the next SCH cup so everyone can try it out for fun. Who knows, I might even convert one of you....

I know this is a hunting forum but I know PRS would help anyone build skills to help make better shots and build confidence to take longer shots. In fact the NRL hunter series is designed to stage hunting scenarios where you find, range, and engage targets.

We should do a mock stage at the next SCH cup so everyone can try it out for fun. Who knows, I might even convert one of you....

Keep the PRS post's coming. Maybe we add a PRS category. Any interest? I know @Lungpopper , @Aeon and a few others would enjoy.

Maybe I missed it but what distance are you shooting at in post #21 and what distance in competition? Lots of guys would not have the confidence to shoot in competition. I think you are doing great. Keep at it and keep us updated on your progress.

Reactions: NBK
Maybe I missed it but what distance are you shooting at in post #21 and what distance in competition? Lots of guys would not have the confidence to shoot in competition. I think you are doing great. Keep at it and keep us updated on your progress.
Post #21 was my load development at 100 yards. I never played with seating depth because my first depth was good enough and I didn't want to waste barrel life to squeeze another 1/8" out on a barrel burning caliber.

My matches have ranged from 100-1100 yards on rifle and they have thrown in some pistol at a couple matches that go as far as 50 yards

I just jumped in and performed terribly my first match. I have improved a little each time. I'm usually mid pack at the local matches now. Thanks for the kind words

Put a back up/ training rife together. I need to swap rings to my taller set.

-Zues terminus action with QC barrel setup
-6.5cm prefit Benchmark Heavy Palma barrel for training
- Triggertech diamond trigger
- MPA BA comp chassis with internal weight kit
-Vortex Razor gen 2 EBR-7c 4.5x27

20211106_172058.jpg20211106_172117.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu