My son and I scored a pig off ortega hwy.

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
I finally got my boy out to do some hunting yesterday! god bless that chavez guy for getting us a day off work. Had a hot tip that pigs had moved into the area off ortega near the candy store. We walked in around 5am in the dark and setup in a nice wet creek bed. IT did not take long and HERE COME THE PIGS. a group of about 15 came down the creek. They hung up about 200 yards away so we put the sneak on them. Little Bill JR set up and let one have it. So proud of my boy for his first local pig kill.
100_4699a.JPG

Thanks Mark so glad you called me

Im just glad you guys could get over there.......tell Jr. he's welcome, I missed his call. We'll talk after work about getting the dogs over there

Single shot H&R in yes you guessed it .243 got to start them out right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done little Billy. Dads honey hole paid off. So much for keeping it on the down low.

Did he gut it out all by himself this time?

Very cool. Congrats to your son. I live just on the east side of the Cleveland there and scout frequently. I've seen sign but never got on hogs. Glad to see you found some.

Strong work Fellas'. Love to see those kids out there getting it done! And yes...6mm rocks!

Very cool! Congrats to him!

Love the gun too. My first ever gun was a single shot H&R 20 gauge. Shot many a critter with that.......

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu