Nature's oddities and beauty

new2ca

Jun 24, 2012
Picking up a new pistol at Fine Firearms yesterday, NBK and I got to talking about hunting. I showed him a picture of a bull elk my buddy's dad killed a few years ago. As you can see from the picture (hopefully I posted it correctly), although it is no record book elk, it is a special. So at NBK's suggestion I am posting this, and wondering if anyone else has any stories or pictures of unusual or special animals to add to the thread.
Happy hunting!

Attachments

• Phone 244.jpg
    Phone 244.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Phone 243.jpg
    Phone 243.jpg
    695.8 KB · Views: 10
WOW - looking at it on the computer is a lot different than on the phone. Amazing Animal!

That thing is awesome. I would pick that guy over a typical anyday.

That is a cool skull. I've cleaned a couple of deer in the past with some odd growth but have never seen an Elk like that. Thanks for sharing.

A friend from up in northern CA sent me this one today. Funny how they are everywhere until the day you look for them.

Attachments

• 95facebook95-85913379595.jpg
    95facebook95-85913379595.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 113
one of the reasons we dont shoot the ladies is that they come onto the property frequently and we walk close by them frequently so they lose their fear, bucks on ther other hand we hardly ever see so if they give us an opportunity during the season we take advantage

That is one funny picture new2ca! He probably just got done sharing some dog food! :D :D :D

Those are great! I love the new family pet.

I'd have to say the one in NBK's profile pic is one of the strangest animals I've seen. Here it is from a different angle (borrowed from the SCH Facebook page)...

Attachments

• 524989_507900782554373_961004585_n2.jpg
    524989_507900782554373_961004585_n2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 92
Another Oddity - Freak Antelope

Attachments

• freaky03.JPG
    freaky03.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 65
When Lungpopper shoots game with his .338 it's like getting hit by a car! ;D

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2009/01/mystery-buck?photo=0#node-1001309521

I found this freak of a whitetail on the Outdoor life website. Pretty crazy!

Those goats sure are unique. My buddy shot an oryx that had a hook similar to NBK's antelope. I'll try and get a picture from him. Is that a mule deer on the outdoor life page? It is pretty amazing that thing could still eat.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu