Need to find great pistol defense class for my family

benCa

Nov 15, 2021
Hey guys - I have two teen age daughters and, of course, my lovely wife (who is never to know what my actual gun/hunting/fishing budget actually is, or I'll lose half)

I need these girls to get a combat class, Glock based preferably, that is outstanding. I want them to go from learning basics (which is just refresher for them), to knowing about actual fights, moving when shooting, reloading, etc.

Any recommendations? And thanks ahead of time!

Reactions: socalhntr
Try checking out Inland Empire Gun Owners, San Diego County Gun owners, Orange County Gun Owners, Los Angles County Gun Owners, & San Bernardino County Gun Owners. Depending on which county you live in. They all have shooting classes & CCW training.

Thanks guys, this was helpful. Bill Desi looks awesome! but, alas, I'm just a working man with 3 women to pay for, so Bill's rates a smidge out of my lane.

Looking into the gun owner groups, which I had no idea existed, I found some classes from ranges. Hopefully these will work. Thanks again!

Check out Tactical Hyve. They do classes in Escondido and they put a solid class together. I took their beginner pistol class a couple months ago and it was excellent. I think it was $200 for a 1 day class.

Paul Peng at SentriInstitute if you’re up nearer to Orange County. He did my CCW class (and has multi state classes as well so you can get non-resident permits for reciprocity) and has multiple course offerings. He’s a former military cop and has extensive experience training foreign police forces.

I am impressed that you decided to teach them that. Self-defence is vital for girls to know nowadays. I assume that every country has places or courses that teach girls how to protect themselves. My dad is a hunter, and a while ago, he wanted to take me with him. I didn't want to go with him because I thought hunting was cold-blood killing. However, he showed me https://ballachy.com/why-hunting-should-not-be-banned/ and told me that we help the ecosystem by hunting. I agreed, and that experience was sick. I even got the chance to learn how to shoot.

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu