Never Again

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Will I go varmint hunting without my shotgun. I have told myself in the past but this time I am serious. Had a great morning at a new spot I have been scouting. Called one in right away but it spooked about 300 out, it was windy bright and early. Then around 10 had one charge from at least 800 yards. Dead sprint I couldn't get him to stop. Turned the call off whistled it was focused on the decoy and nothing was stoping him. Got with in 25 yards finally made me and took off. I tried but he didn't fall.
Normally I have my shotgun and a rifle but I brought a buddy who doesn't have a license. I didn't want to risk two guns with us if DFG pulled up. Super good morning but I now vow to always have a shotgun, that dog would have been stone dead. Never again! :-[

Thanks for the post Truduct. I try always to bring it along too, based on all the reports on the forum. Just set it down next to me when I'm set up. I haven't used it yet, but it's time will come. 8)

Give it time once they make hunting coyotes a tagged hunt they will go for a shotgun rifle stamp also after all this is California all about the money.. :'(

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago, although I had my shotgun with me but I would have to make way too much movement and noise to pick it up :-[

Went out to the desert saturday afternoon, nada. camped the night to go this morning, made 5 stands or so and didnt see anything, only one single jackrabbit all day. It was kind of eerie.

Attachments

• Hunting1.JPG
    Hunting1.JPG
    854.8 KB · Views: 29

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu