NEW 2012 bowtech assasin question...

BowHuntinCali

Jun 14, 2012
Azusa,CA
hey fellas,just purchased the new assasin and have a quick question....will takeing off the string stop effect my bow at all?seems to very loud when i let off and was just curious on eliminateing the loud "thunk" as i release.any info will help.thanks!

Take the string stop off. The carbon tube should be open on the end that fits in the bow.
Take foam earplugs cut them in half and roll them in your fingers real tight and stick them in the open end. Then push them down the tube with a long skinny screwdriver (or whatever you can find).
They will expand in the tube and take some of that thunk sound out of it.

Great advice Daryl! Yes, don't take it off as it serves more good then bad. Just fill the tube and you'll be satisfied. If not, add a single bow jax to it as I did.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu