New and eager hunter/conservationist here

JLerch

Jun 8, 2020
Hello all, I am so excited to start my lifelong journey in the outdoors! I have been practicing with my 6.5CM and have my A-Zone deer tag and a hog tag for the 2020 season! I hope I can meet a mentor in the OC area, I am part of a club with access to private properties and will be going out in hopes of harvesting a buck this season!

Reactions: Dawnandusk
J,

Welcome to SCH...I've read your other posts...Hunting is all about scouting, learning the lay of the land, and animals you pursue...With that said, the more time to you spend in the outdoors, the more you will feel comfortable in it...Learning/studying habits of animals is half the fun...Good luck

Last edited:
J,

Welcome to SCH...I've read your other posts...Hunting is all about scouting, learning the lay of the land, and animals you pursue...With that said, the more time to you spend the outdoors, the more you will feel comfortable in it...Learning/studying habits of animals is half the fun...Good luck
Thank you! I am very much looking forward to learning all about these creatures. I have onx for my garmin and have been going to the range. Next is to get out there and learn the land and find the land where I can actually shoot/hunt! That seems to be one of the hardest parts!

Thank you! I am very much looking forward to learning all about these creatures. I have onx for my garmin and have been going to the range. Next is to get out there and learn the land and find the land where I can actually shoot/hunt! That seems to be one of the hardest parts!
This is true. Good luck to you on your next adventure out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu