New Bowstrings for noob

ToddTheMan

Sep 20, 2016
Hey guys I'm glad to join the forum and I can't wait to post all over here! I have a question though. I just got my bow out and the strings are frayed. Does anyone know where to get replacement strings for athens accomplice 32? I have only had this bow for a few years and I havent had it restrung yet. I was thinking about going to a local guy but some of my friends suggested going online because those companies are WAY better. What do you think?

I agree with Lee. Unless you are very experienced I would not try to restring a compound bow without professional help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ToddTheMan
Im new to archery myself and I am so glad I did not order a bow online. Out of the 3 responses above, so far none has told you to go do it yourself.

I would question these people you call friends unless they will replace the strings for you (while you wait in the other room). There's a lot of potential energy in those strings, and cams. So unless you know what you're doing or have access to a bomb suit, I would leave the stringing to the professionals.

Post away...

Reactions: ToddTheMan
Thanks guys I really appreciate all the responses. I've been trying to get this done for awhile now so this is really helpful

Do you own a bow press or know anything about cam timing ? Do you know anything about cam lean ? Setting the peep sight, knock or D loop?
Why would a string ordered online be "WAY better" ?

If you know the answers to these questions do it yourself. If not , then go to a pro shop like Bow n Arrow shop and get it done correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonejour

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu