New CDS

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I sent my VX3 B&C to get retrofitted for a CDS by Leupold. It was suppose to take 6 weeks they had it back to me in Less than one. Pretty excited to get this thing out and shoot with it. I have one on my 243 and love it. Hopefully I get to put it to use on a gray ghost in November.
6803D3FC-5CCC-43AA-84FB-E93407DF49E7.jpeg03C447FB-E2E4-4546-A082-DC16B4F38127.jpeg

Reactions: JakeSCH and NBK
I feel very comfortable under 400, my prefference is less than 100 lol, and I can shoot consistant dinner plates at 500. I haven’t really spent a lot of time past 500. This scope cds dials out to 800 but I won’t be taking shots that long on game.

I do fully expect to see you drop a deer at 700 yards from his bed in November though so no pressure.

I have a left hand MCMillan action in the safe and at some point FFA and @NBK will be building me a 300WSM carbon fiber barrel with McMillan stock. But I spend all my money on hunts figure I would rather hunt with my Tikka than have a gun in the safe and not be afford to hunt.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I feel very comfortable under 400, my prefference is less than 100 lol, and I can shoot consistant dinner plates at 500. I haven’t really spent a lot of time past 500. This scope cds dials out to 800 but I won’t be taking shots that long on game.

I do fully expect to see you drop a deer at 700 yards from his bed in November though so no pressure.

I have a left hand MCMillan action in the safe and at some point FFA and @NBK will be building me a 300WSM carbon fiber barrel with McMillan stock. But I spend all my money on hunts figure I would rather hunt with my Tikka than have a gun in the safe and not be afford to hunt.

Well go out and shoot a little farther and see what happens after 500. Some barrels don’t spin fast enough to shoot much further than that with the copper bullets. When I had my 338 with the TTSX’s it would shoot 1 1/2 groups at 500. Then couldn’t hit a barn door at 750.
My 6.5 starts to open up at 750 with the LRX. Bergers and ELDX’s are still money at 1,000.
Only way to know is to shoot them at distance. They all have different personalities.

If he’s in his bed, I don’t expect him to drop much
(Just sayin)

Last edited:
Reactions: TRICER
How does that turret work you sendit into Leupold and then they take and make a custom turret for your rifle off of your info you gave them ? And do you just range the animal or object and the turn to the 400 mark on the turret and that’s it ?

If you have a CDS scope you just put all the load data in on a online form and then they send you your 1 free turret that comes with your CDS scope. This scope was not a CDS so I payed the Leupold custom shoes $240 to retrofit it. If you have a different brand scope Kenton Industries makes Turrets for almost all scopes. http://kentonindustries.com/category/custom-turrets
Yes it works exactly how you described. Range the target, turn the turret to the proper yardage, put the crosshairs on the target and shoot.

I just got my first CDS in a VX-6. I’ll be mounting it on a Sako .270. Very interested to hear your results

Frank

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu