New Forum Software and Name Change

SCH1

Like us on Facebook!
Sep 27, 2012
Southern California
schoutdoors.com
As you can see, we have updated the forum in many ways -

This forum started out (5 years ago) with a vision from a good friend (Ghosthunter) and was transformed into a great place to share knowledge and information. We have all enjoyed the ride; it has been a fun and enriching experience . Moving into the future, SCH will not only embrace the California hunting experience but will also forge forward and exploit what the entire West has to offer. This will help us all become better informed hunters, and increase our knowledge.

Please be patient and help the SCH staff make this change seamless as well as an enriching experience!

The “Forum Janitor” will set up a temporary forum board/thread to allow the members to post areas of improvement and other positive information needed to get the website on track. PM’s can be sent to the Admins regarding improvements etc.

Thanks again -

Your SCH Staff

Looks pretty darn good so far. I really like the Facebook feature (and many other social media features). The latest post feature is pretty convenient too. It will take some getting used to but worth it due to the feature rich nature of this forum software.

looks awesome. I managed to stumble on it and got a sneak peek a while ago and i wasn't sure but after using it this afternoon i really really like it. I also like the idea of getting out of just so cal. I do alot of hunting up north.

1 question how to i delete PM's/emails?

ok there was only one way to reset everyone's email counters... its done and i cant change it back. might want to peek into your mail box to make sure you did not miss anything..

thanks

YES!!! very much so. We want to keep our roots where we live. The goal is to grow in ways that reflect what hunters do down here and a big part of that is out of state hunting. Our hope is that it will equal more opportunity for all of us.

Will this still be a Southern California hunting based forum ?

"Moving into the future, SCH will not only embrace the California hunting experience but will also forge forward and exploit what the entire West has to offer."

Love the new look, John. Couple things I noticed. Will there still be a section for "newest posts" down towards the bottom of the page? That's usually where I head to first when I come to SCH. Second, I don't see any message icon next to each person's avatar. I had to search around a bit before I found how to send someone a DM. Thanks for all the hard work, brother.

Love the new look, John. Couple things I noticed. Will there still be a section for "newest posts" down towards the bottom of the page? That's usually where I head to first when I come to SCH. Second, I don't see any message icon next to each person's avatar. I had to search around a bit before I found how to send someone a DM. Thanks for all the hard work, brother.

Hi Mike,

The "New Posts" are in the header at the top of the page. Regarding PM's (it is called starting a conversation), just click on the members photo or name and start a new conversation. It is easier than before.

I also noticed that there is no longer a sch bbc forum page or banquet page does that mean that there is no longer going to be banquets and contest ?

YES!!! very much so. We want to keep our roots where we live. The goal is to grow in ways that reflect what hunters do down here and a big part of that is out of state hunting. Our hope is that it will equal more opportunity for all of us.

So more like monster muleys

Yep...Top left hand corner of the menu banner called "Mark Forums Read"

I saw that one but it will mark the entire forum as "read" correct?

It will if you click on it in general forums. If you go into a specific forum it will just mark that forum. Works just like the old one.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu