New from Minnesota

mnCountryBoy

Dec 11, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hey guys. I've just moved to the San Diego area from Minnesota, just south of Minneapolis. I'm a wildlife biologist and I've worked in a few different areas but this is the first time I might be able to do some hunting away from home. I'm big into small game, upland birds, and just getting more into waterfowl. I don't have a dog or many friends who hunt so that's kept me out of certain species but I like to get out after whatever I can, whenever I can. I'm hoping to get into some chukar, quail, and rabbits (I ate a bunch of jackrabbits in Utah. Is that taboo?). How is the dove hunting out here? How hard is it to get out after some ducks?

This looks like a pretty cool community. I'm excited to learn some new things from you all.

Welcome aboard Minnesota... Dove hunting is a blast but that season just ended. You will see people counting down to Sept 1st thats then the feathers and the lead flies ;D ;D ;D
As for water fowl, hunting is not the best BUT even without a dog you should do fine. This was my first year waterfowling (went from NO clue to out about once a week.) We probably have stricker regs here than there. Upland game you should be able to be pretty successful at if you're a clean shot.
Good Luck, and I'm sure you will find plenty of great info and people here.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu