New from San Diego

smcrea

Mar 11, 2013
Hi All,

I live in San Diego and am new to hunting.

I'd REALLY like yo go hunting hogs or deer within a reasonable distance from home.

I also have an R-700 rifle in .308 and ready to go.

I'd really like to hook up with someone who has hunting experience in my area.

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome to the website Steve. You have come to the right place to get started!

Thanks Everyone!!

It sounds like I need some pre-requsites before I can even think about hunting.

Someone mentioned hunters safety. I assume that this is some sort of safety certification, which sounds like a good idea!

Any others that I should be working on?

As I said I'm 100% green!

Not even sure if I need any kind of hunting license..

Thanks again!

Steve

You have to take your California Hunters Safety course. (search for it on google. it will come right up) After you complete that you can buy your hunting license with whatever tags you would like to get.

Contact Doug at Dougs wilderness adventures, he puts on hunters safety classes every month for a small fee. I think it's 20 dollars and its an 8 or 10 hour class.

Ajsnack said:
Contact Doug at Dougs wilderness adventures, he puts on hunters safety classes every month for a small fee. I think it's 20 dollars and its an 8 or 10 hour class.

Then for a couple hundred bucks you can put an arrow through a wild pig on his property. Its a fence hunt but if you're looking to get your feet wet, its a start. Doug's a great guy too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu