New Guy From CamPen

Dave8pt

Dec 7, 2012
Hi Everyone,

New to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the Marine Corps and am stationed in SoCal again. I've hunted and fished all my life, but didn't take advantage of the hunting opportunities in SoCal the last time I was stationed here. This time is a different story; harvested my first California deer in October (doe) on base. I look forward to chatting with everyone and if anyone has any insight on turkey hunting around here, I'm all ears!

Dave

Snake Charmer said:
Welcome Dave, Always like to hear from the service members. which end of this great country are you from?

Washington state originally but I've got family in Arkansas too. My dad, myself, and a few other relatives are part of a deer lease down there. Just got back from this year's hunt; managed to fill the freezer but no wall hangers this time!

Welcome to the site Dave. There is a few guys around here that might be able to point you toward some descent turkey hunting,so keep checking back as it gets closer to 3/30/2013 and see what comes up. And how about some pics from your down home deer camp?

Invisible man said:
Welcome to the site Dave. There is a few guys around here that might be able to point you toward some descent turkey hunting,so keep checking back as it gets closer to 3/30/2013 and see what comes up. And how about some pics from your down home deer camp?

Will post pics soon; I'm waiting on one or two from my uncle for this year and I'm diggin through my phone and pic files for years passed.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu