New Hunter

Diep

Sep 25, 2013
Hey guys,

I have been wanting to hunt for about 5 years now but couldn't because I was too busy with school. Now that I graduated, I really want to go on my first hunt. I am interested in big game and upland hunts. So being new to the sport, I have no idea where to begin to look for a spot (I'm from San Bernardino/Riverside area) and none of my friends are interested in the sport. I am hoping someone is willing to take me along even if it's just a scouting trip. I will be willing to chip in for gas. I really need someone to teach what to look for. To get myself, started I got my hunter education certificate, a Remington 700 in .30-06 (having some issues with that, but that's for another post lol), and a Mossberg 12 ga. It's probably too late for me to hunt deer this season but hopefully I will acquire the knowledge for next year.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. I hope I will learn enough to go hunting.

Welcome. Start hiking around the San Bernardino Mountains and see what you see. Quail and duck are coming up quick also. May still be some deer tags for your area

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu