New Member From Glendale CA

EdgarCervantes

Apr 19, 2012
Glendale CA
Hey fellas im a new member from Glendale California. My name is Edgar Cervantes and I am 18 years old.

I have been into guns for as long as I remember because my grandfather was a great hunter but he passed away

before i was old enough to go hunting, being raised by a single mother my mom was against weapons

so I always had trouble with that, but i managed to get her to buy me a few pellet guns from big 5 a couple times.

Now that im 18 I purchased my first gun, a Mossberg 500 12g from Big 5 with i think a 28" barrel & modified

Choke. I went to Vegas this past Sunday bought 100 throwing clays and some ammo,

I had a blast and here I am now ready to learn more about hunting, and hopefully get some tips from you guys :)

I hope I didnt put anyone to sleep :p

Hi Edgar welcome aboard.
There is allot of information here that you can use to help get started hunting.
One of the first things you need to do is take a hunter safety class. You can't get a hunting license without it, and you can never be to safe.

Welcome aboard Edgar. And hats off to to your Grandfather for being such a positive influence on you. You should find this site very helpful with getting you up and running regarding hunting.

Another aspiring hunter/outdoorsman! glad to hear the spirit is still alive, Welcome to the site, there's plenty of past postings and info on the website so my suggestion as far as ideas, methods and places to hunt is to read the old forum conversation's and when you have questions post them and I'm sure someone will answer your query.

Orange County

Welcome to the forum. Get to work on that hunting license cuz rabbit season opens in July. Then dove in September. It's a great way to start with a shotgun.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu