New Mexico Cow Tags

JWilliams

Nov 15, 2016
Hey y’all,
Trying to get information on how cow tags in mexico work? Is it archery and muzzle loader only? Residents only?
I seem to be getting conflicting information from goHUNT and then when trying to search the fish and game from previous years

Reactions: Herson
Depends what unit you’re trying to hunt. Some units are muzzle loader only… all cow tags from the draw are NM resident only. To get around this you can purchase land owner tags that are unit wide… not private land only. I’m in Socorro NM and know some spots in 17. I’ve heard cow tags are not that expensive.
5a7b8841be44df1eb397f771d5b07755.jpg

1e0995547983e6cc4bec4e4977afda32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what unit you’re trying to hunt. Some units are muzzle loader only… all cow tags from the draw are NM resident only. To get around this you can purchase land owner tags that are unit wide… not private land only. I’m in Socorro NM and know some spots in 17. I’ve heard cow tags are not that expensive.
5a7b8841be44df1eb397f771d5b07755.jpg

1e0995547983e6cc4bec4e4977afda32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do you have insight on how to get these landowner tags? Like is there a data base of who gets them to reach out or to they sell there tags online through the fish and game?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu