New Mexico has left over tags

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
While driving through the Santa Fe/Los Alamos area today I heard over the radio that New Mexico has over 3,000 OTC deer and Havalina (spelling?)tags left over for the 2012 season.

That's cool they announce it over the radio. Kalifornia it's sweeped under the rug by pressure from the ANTI'S.
When they should be getting that info out so the state can get the revenue from it.

Javelina.... its means javelin and refers to the pointy lower teeth, not everyone knows this but they respond and come to a squealing rabbit call quite handily. They are not a close relative of the pig and are actually what is known as a peccary which live throughout Central and South America. My family in New Mexico used to chase them on horse back and rope them for thrills then turn them loose. Everyone said they were not edible but I had some once that was quite delicious, I understand that it is imperative that remove and not allow the scent sack on their back to come in contact with the meat if you intend to eat them.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu